Gifts Anyone Can Make
Do you know there are ways to support Peddie School that don't affect your current lifestyle or your family's security?
You can support Peddie School with gifts that don't impact the way you live by designating Peddie School to receive estate assets in the future or by making immediate gifts to us of assets that are "out of sight and out of mind."
We call these "Gift Plans" because anyone can make them now without impacting cash flow, lifestyle, or family security.
- You can make a gift from your will or trust.
- You can make a gift that leaves your cash flow and current financial planning unchanged.
- You don't have to use cash to make your gift; you can "buy low and give high" by making your gift with appreciated securities instead.
- You can give an asset you no longer need or want.
Gifts That Pay You Income
Did you know there's a gift to Peddie School that returns payments to you? Yes, the IRS allows and encourages these creative plans that can stretch your giving ability. Here's how they work:
Some of the best ways to support Peddie School are available through life-income gifts. These "Stories From the Bell" help you make a substantial gift to Peddie School while increasing your income!
The plans described here all have one substantial advantage over investment vehicles you read about elsewhere: these plans produce generous gifts to Peddie School. So, while you will receive income for life or a set period of time, you can provide for yourself and Peddie School today.
- An additional source of lifetime income for you, your spouse, or other significant persons.
- A potential increase in the income you are currently receiving from your investments.
- An immediate tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- No capital gains tax due at the transfer of appreciated assets to your gift plan.
Gifts That Protect Your Assets
Increased income may not be your primary objective. Instead, you may be wondering how you will deal with some highly appreciated property or a growing family business as your needs and lifestyle change. Will taxes consume much of the value that you have worked so hard to grow? Will anything be left for you and your family?
We have several options that help you meet your personal planning goals, save taxes, and make a gift to Peddie School at the same time.
We can show you creative ways to use your assets to benefit Peddie School, while at the same time preserving the benefits of those assets for yourself and your family.
Here are some of the benefits you can take advantage of:
- You can donate your home, continue to live in it, and get a tax deduction.
- You can contribute a portion of the value of your residence or other property, take a tax deduction, and receive cash or an income stream for life.
- You can receive a sum of cash in return for your gift, and apply the cash toward any financial need.
- You can greatly reduce the estate tax cost of passing appreciating assets on to your children.